Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Closets

So one of the problems with the new apartment is that there is exactly ONE closet, and it's under the eaves, not very big, and only a half size closet to begin with. Not fun. Basically that'll fit Abe's clothes nicely but not mine at all.

While browsing the IKEA catalogue at Meghan's house, I saw what looked like really nice hanging racks for pretty cheap. Having now looked them up online, most of them are either too expensive to be worthwhile, or don't hold enough weight to be worthwhile. The happy medium appears to be the RIGGA clothes rack.



It's only $13 and it can hold up to 77 pounds. That's still a wee bit flimsy, but I think it will be worth it. As it's 43" long, I probably will only need one as well, which is a plus.

Abe keeps talking about how he wants to use bookshelves to hang a pole through and create a closet for me, also using the shelves to shore up the ceiling. I think it will be sturdier if we use a clothes rack and have bookshelves on either end. I have every intention of winning this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment