Thursday, August 8, 2013

Smoothies



In an endeavor to eat healthier, Abe and I often have smoothies in the morning. This is also due to his having a blender and my being an expert smoothie-maker. Yesterday, I used the last of the bananas, frozen or otherwise. I figured, this might be a problem, but not a big one.

So today, when I made a smoothie, I realized that not only are we out of bananas, but we are super low on fruit in general. So my options for flavor were frozen peaches, frozen raspberries (always tart) and limeade concentrate (tart as well). I threw in some almonds, some flax seed, almond milk and, horror of all horrors, white sugar. I don't want to waste my good honey on a smoothie and it's just easier to pour some white sugar out of a bag than to scoop the brown sugar out of the jar.

The verdict? Still brain-numbingly tart. I'm eating it with a spoon and barely managing to take more than a spoonful per minute. Good thing I have 30 before I have to leave for work...

No comments:

Post a Comment