Friday, August 23, 2013

Tomatoes

Yesterday at market, we had about 10 pounds of heirloom tomatoes that would not make it another day. A couple Amana Orange, a lighter-colored orange one, some Lemon Boys, and other yellow ones with the odd German Striped thrown in. So I chopped them all last night, and put them in the stock pot. I cooked it for a few hours, covered, and then turned it off and went to bed.

Today, I turned it on and checked about an hour, hour-and-a-half later to see that my oversized lid for my stock pot had leaked condensation all over the stove! Luckily, this stove is electric or I might have destroyed a burner before I realized it.

I removed the lid to let it remove some liquid. I'll let it cook down all day, and add in some onion, peppers, and spices as we go. But I've never made yellow tomato sauce -- I hope it turns out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment