Saturday, August 24, 2013

Sourdough Starter

I am attempting to resurrect a sourdough starter that I had frozen over a year ago, perhaps a year or a half ago. It is not particularly happy. I am on 12-hour feedings, and finally got around to getting white flour (I had been using what we had at home, which was white whole wheat and a whole wheat/rye mix). Based upon the advice of Sourdoughhome.com, I dumped out the hooch on top, and only used a smidge of starter, mixing it with 1/2 c. flour and 1/4 c. water. In 12 hours, I will feed it again WITHOUT dumping half of the mix. In 24 hours, I will start dumping half when feeding.

Come back little starter! I want to eat you!

1 comment:

  1. A Business Phone Serviceis a resource that is often taken for granted. Phones are etched into the work processes of a business - communication with customers, colleagues and suppliers, conferences, voicemail, fax, auto attendants, and the list goes on. The importance of a telephone system in the workplace cannot be overemphasized.

    ReplyDelete